Thursday, August 21, 2008

"The Whole is Equal to the Sum of it's Parts"









After looking through a bundle of old photo albums I wanted to do a ton of paintings of my youth, but rather than doing all those paintings I decided to do a painting about wanting to reflect back on all those visual reminders. I find it interesting to contemplate on all the influences that come into our lives and I loved putting some of those figures(literal and symbolic) into the same painting. Any painting that has Honest Abe and superman is my kind of painting. There is about 30 references here, I came across so many others but it was getting out of hand. This on is Oil on Canvas and 55"x55".

7 comments:

aaronlifferth said...

looks great zach

Pattens on Lambourne said...

WOW! I Love this!!!!! You are truly amazing!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Zach,

This morning I was planning a
painting of myself painting in the studio, something I did once before
(with a nod to Vermeer) for an upcoming show, and then I came upon this painting through Aaron Lifferth's blog list.

I think it's stunning. You are a
wonderful painter.

All of your work is great.

Barbara

Craig said...

I got a chance to see this painting up in PC last weekend. Nice work.

belindadelpesco.com said...

Beautiful work, and excellent approach to memories and family in a self portrait. Wonderful.

ashlie said...

Your work is fabulous!

Angela Bentley Fife said...

Just found you today. I saw this at Terzian. I love it. It is so interesting to study. Bye bye master painter.