Wednesday, July 18, 2012

#52 Ruby and her "Cupcake"



Oil on canvas, 24"x 24". While I was painting this, the morning building maintenance man came in at about 4:30 in the morning and said, "Hmmm... I bet you bring a lot of joy to a lot of people doing this stuff." He has dropped in from time to time over the years as I have painted here at USU and I have enjoyed his comments and occasional teasing. This weeks comment really opened my eyes to what a painting can mean to someone. When I dropped the painting off three days later, Ruby's mother said, "I don't think you realize how much joy you have added to our family." Funny how things work sometimes. Lesson from painting # 52: So much joy can come from art.

1 comment:

Colin H. Wright said...

Thank you for capturing Ruby! The Wright Family